Sunday 22 January 2012

wall colours

I've been down with a fever and stomach bug for the past few days - not a pleasant experience indeed. But I am grateful that I am getting better now and updating my blog with this post. :-) 


I have been asked by a few people to recommend paint colours for their rooms, so I thought that this post may help some of you reading this to decide on the colours you would like for your home.  

Changing the colour of your walls is one of the easiest ways to give your room a complete transformation. Personally, I would stick with creamy whites – safe colours that would suit any furniture in the house and with the added flexibility where you can change your room colour themes by changing the other elements in the room.

eclecticrevisited.com
With the room above, just change the colour of the curtains, or the cushions and you would totally change the mood of the room already! And can I just say, I am in love with those curtains and how they sort-of puddle on the floor a little bit. Casual and chic.

Victoria Hagan
There is also something about white that connotes peace and serenity. I'm a big fan of Victoria Hagan's work. It looks so effortless - like everything turned out so beautiful unintentionally.

For those who would just get bored with white/cream, a great colour would be light grey. I feel that grey is so classy, sophisticated and cooling. Any furniture would look great with it. Like this room.


Traditional Home
The grey walls of this room make a great background for the black and white framed photos. 

This room below is gorgeous too. The grey walls with the white moulding looks so pretty. And I love the accent colours coming from the modern chairs.

doorsixteen.com

If you want to go bolder with your walls, you may want to target smaller, intimate spaces - like the bedroom, the bathroom, or a study room - as I notice that wall colours would bring visual interest to smaller rooms and would make a bigger impact.

Like this fresh mint green in this cute room featured on the IKEA 2012 catalogue.




The sage green in the bedroom below is also gorgeous.  I wouldn't mind waking up every morning in this room and sit on that table, writing letters to my dear friends. Who writes letters these days, anyway? Okay, it's just that the room and that table reminds me of Pride & Prejudice a little bit.


marthastewart.com

Blue for a bedroom is also gorgeous. 

BHG
House Beautiful
I really like the shade of blue in the picture above. So calming. I see that mirrored side-table in interior design magazines all the time. I wonder where I can get my hands on it in this country. 

I'm a big fan of blue, by the way. You can refer here to the blue bedroom we created for my sister’s bedroom.

You can even go light pink or peach for the feminine side of you.


House Beautiful - Penelope Bianchi
And who would have thought a bathroom would look so pretty in pink! I would totally hang out in this bathroom all day long.


Velvet & Linen
So these are my ideas of how to go about choosing colours for the home! Hope you've been inspired!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...